NTFP has received fund from SNV (CHAIN project) since 1 April 2016. This project is implementing in 15 villages, 5 communes (Reaksmei, Reak Reay, Ruos Roan, Rohas and Romtom) in Rovieng district, Preah Vihear province. There are 16 groups and 228 members, 46 % of members, and they are ethnic minorities (Kuoy). 9 % of farmers grow vegetables (long beans, cucumbers, cabbages, bitter melon, water convolvulus). 35 % of farmers grow vegetables 3-4 cycles in a year. 12 % of farmers grow vegetables 1-2 cycles in a year, because of shortage of water.
- Mr. Sam Vichet, 50 years and he is married with 4 children. He lives in Doung village, Reak Reay commune, Rovieng district, Preah Vihear province. He joined the member in 2017. He is a commercial farmer. He had received many trainings related to techniques of home gardening. He usually grows long beans, cabbages and cucumbers. He said that «I grow long beans, cabbages and cucumbers. I grow vegetables from June to January. I can not grow from February to May, because it has no water. I have sold vegetables to Rovieng market. I earn 750 $ per month from vegetable. I am very happy and thank NTFP that has supported the technical skill to me»
2. Ms. Ly Heng, 53 years old. She lives in Chambok Po-em village, Reaksmei commune, Rovieng district. She joined with CHAIN project in 2017. She is a commercial farmer. She is an active and hard-working farmer. She is very agile and able to grasp the new model of home gardening. She grows vegetables in the full seasonal cycles in year. She received the demo of irrigation system from Sokapol company. She told that « Now I have knowledge and skills about the home gardening. My vegetable products are very high. I can share my experience to my neighbors. I sell vegetables in the community and Rovieng local market. My income around 600 $ per month».
3. Ms. Keng Sang, 56 years old. She lives in Doung village, Reak Reay commune, Rovieng district, Preah Vihear province. She is a commercial farmer. She grows water convolvulus, Chinese green, cabbages, chili and long beans. She received demo of irrigation system from Sokapol company.
She said that « It is difficult to grow vegetable in rainy season. I need to learn more to control vegetable’s disease and insect, and technique to graft the eggplant with tomatoes. I sell vegetables in my community and to regular vegetable trader. I earn 350 to 400 $ per month»
4. Mr. Chou Vanna, 53 years old, is a commercial farmer. He lives in Anlong Svay village, Rohas commune, Rovieng district, Preah Vihear province. He is the existing farmer continuing from AAC. He joined with CHAIN project farmer in 2016. He grows vegetable at the community development center. He said that «I have growed long bean, cucumbers, water convolvulus, bitter melon and Chinese green full time a year. I sold my products within the community. I earn bewteen 450 to 500 $ per month»
5. Mr. Ly Kim Sras, 30 years old. He lives in Chambok Po-em village, ReakSmei commune, Rovieng district, Preah Vihear province. He was the existing farmer member supported by AAC. He joined with CHAIN since May 2016. He is a commercial farmer. He grows long beans, eggplants, cucumbers, cabbages and water convolvulus. He got demo from Sokapol company on drip irrigation. He told that «I am very happy when I joined with CHAIN. I adapted the new model home gardening and I have high products than before. I sell vegetable in the community and at Rovieng local market. My income from vegetables around 500 $ per month».